ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the planning and efficient execution of the drilling program in coordination with Client Representative and rig department heads.
- Assure that all operations are thoroughly planned before commencing, and relevant personnel are included in the planning process.
- Assure that all operations are carried out in accordance with agreed plans, policies and procedures
- Coordinate work and human resources deployment and usage
- Ensure drilling equipment and associated systems are operated in accordance with company procedures and manufacturers’ recommendations
- Monitor all on board equipment and system usage, supervise testing and inspection of critical equipment and systems and ensure operational parameters and limits are observed.
- Maintain daily communication with Rig manager on all relevant activities regarding the rig operations and needs.
- Ensure inspections & preventative maintenance schedules are applied in conjunction with the Maintenance Dept.
- Complete and submit reports, logs, records and notes in accordance to procedures and instructions
- Take active role in the audit process with regards to working environment areas and follow up on audits to bring outstanding audit points to completion