ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directing all activities related to drilling operations in accordance to the drilling program.
- Monitoring the well bore condition, interpret and respond to down hole conditions.
- Securing of the well during an emergency or well control situation.
- Executing well kill operations as per instructions from supervisors.
- Conducting well and drilling activities as directed by the Tool pusher/Tour pusher.
- The drill floor is never left unattended when connected to a well.
- All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
- That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
- Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
- All drills and checks are conducted as required.
- All applicable reports and logs as required by supervisors, client and company.
- Assist with preparation for future drilling operations.
- Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.